Human CALM2 full length protein (ab116467)
- Product nameHuman CALM2 full length proteinSee all CALM2 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMADQLTEEQIAEFKEAFSLFDKDGDGTITTKELGTVMRSL GQNPTEAELQDMINEVDADGNGTIDFPEFLTMMARKMKDT DSEEEIREAFRVFDKDGNGYISAAELRHVMTNLGEKLTDE EVDEMIREADIDGDGQVNYEEFVQMMTAK
- Molecular weight16 kDa
- Amino acids1 to 149
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab116467 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab116467 is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques. Purity is greater than 90.0% as determined by RP-HPLC and SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Additional NotesStore at 4°C if entire vial will be used within 2-4 weeks. Store, frozen at -20°C for longer periods of time. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Please see Notes section
Constituent: 0.32% Tris HCl
- Calmodulin 2
- FunctionCalmodulin mediates the control of a large number of enzymes and other proteins by Ca(2+). Among the enzymes to be stimulated by the calmodulin-Ca(2+) complex are a number of protein kinases and phosphatases. Together with CEP110 and centrin, is involved in a genetic pathway that regulates the centrosome cycle and progression through cytokinesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calmodulin family.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
modificationsUbiquitination results in a strongly decreased activity.
Phosphorylation results in a decreased activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle pole. Distributed throughout the cell during interphase, but during mitosis becomes dramatically localized to the spindle poles and the spindle microtubules.
References for Human CALM2 full length protein (ab116467)
ab116467 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.