Human CD40L full length protein (ab119150)
- Product nameHuman CD40L full length proteinSee all CD40L proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, His tag
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight17 kDa
- Amino acids113 to 261
- TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119150 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.32% Tris HCl
- CD 40L
- CD40 antigen ligand
- CD40 ligand
- CD40 ligand, soluble form
- T B cell activating molecule
- T BAM
- T-cell antigen Gp39
- TNF-related activation protein
- Tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily member 5
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 5
- FunctionMediates B-cell proliferation in the absence of co-stimulus as well as IgE production in the presence of IL-4. Involved in immunoglobulin class switching.
Release of soluble CD40L from platelets is partially regulated by GP IIb/IIIa, actin polymerization, and an matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) inhibitor-sensitive pathway.
- Tissue specificitySpecifically expressed on activated CD4+ T-lymphocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD40LG are the cause of X-linked immunodeficiency with hyper-IgM type 1 (HIGM1) [MIM:308230]; also known as X-linked hyper IgM syndrome (XHIM). HIGM1 is an immunoglobulin isotype switch defect characterized by elevated concentrations of serum IgM and decreased amounts of all other isotypes. Affected males present at an early age (usually within the first year of life) recurrent bacterial and opportunistic infections, including Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia and intractable diarrhea due to cryptosporidium infection. Despite substitution treatment with intravenous immunoglobulin, the overall prognosis is rather poor, with a death rate of about 10% before adolescence.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
N-linked glycan is a mixture of high mannose and complex type. Glycan structure does not influence binding affinity to CD40.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
References for Human CD40L full length protein (ab119150)
ab119150 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.