Human CD62P protein fragment (ab53386)
- Product nameHuman CD62P protein fragmentSee all CD62P proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids197 to 761
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53386 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Antigen CD62
- CD62 antigen-like family member P
- CD62P antigen
- GMP 140
- Granule membrane protein 140
- Granule membrane protein 140kDa
- Granulocyte membrane protein
- LECAM 3
- Leukocyte endothelial cell adhesion molecule 3
- Leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion molecule 3
- P Selectin
- Platelet activation dependent granule external membrane protein
- Platelet activation dependent granule-external membrane protein
- Platelet alpha granule membrane protein
- Selectin P (granule membrane protein 140kDa antigen CD62)
- Selectin P (granule membrane protein 140kDa, antigen CD62)
- FunctionCa(2+)-dependent receptor for myeloid cells that binds to carbohydrates on neutrophils and monocytes. Mediates the interaction of activated endothelial cells or platelets with leukocytes. The ligand recognized is sialyl-Lewis X. Mediates rapid rolling of leukocyte rolling over vascular surfaces during the initial steps in inflammation through interaction with PSGL1.
- Tissue specificityStored in the alpha-granules of platelets and Weibel-Palade bodies of endothelial cells. Upon cell activation by agonists, P-selectin is transported rapidly to the cell surface.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SELP may be a cause of susceptibility to ischemic stroke (ISCHSTR) [MIM:601367]; also known as cerebrovascular accident or cerebral infarction. A stroke is an acute neurologic event leading to death of neural tissue of the brain and resulting in loss of motor, sensory and/or cognitive function. Ischemic strokes, resulting from vascular occlusion, is considered to be a highly complex disease consisting of a group of heterogeneous disorders with multiple genetic and environmental risk factors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the selectin/LECAM family.
Contains 1 C-type lectin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 9 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
References for Human CD62P protein fragment (ab53386)
ab53386 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.