Human DDX1 peptide (ab30615)
- Product nameHuman DDX1 peptideSee all DDX1 proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30615 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- ATP dependent helicase DDX1
- ATP-dependent helicase DDX1
- ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX1
- DBP RB
- DEAD (Asp Glu Ala Asp) box polypeptide 1
- DEAD box 1
- DEAD box polypeptide 1
- DEAD box protein 1
- DEAD box protein retinoblastoma
- DEAD-box protein 1
- DEAD-box protein-retinoblastoma
- DEAD/H (Asp Glu Ala Asp/His) box polypeptide 1
- FunctionActs as an ATP-dependent RNA helicase, able to unwind both RNA-RNA and RNA-DNA duplexes. Possesses 5' single-stranded RNA overhang nuclease activity. Possesses ATPase activity on various RNA, but not DNA polynucleotides. May play a role in RNA clearance at DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs), thereby facilitating the template-guided repair of transcriptionally active regions of the genome. Together with RELA, acts as a coactivator to enhance NF-kappa-B-mediated transcriptional activation. Acts as a positive transcriptional regulator of cyclin CCND2 expression. Binds to the cyclin CCND2 promoter region. Associates with chromatin at the NF-kappa-B promoter region via association with RELA. Binds to poly(A) RNA. May be involved in 3'-end cleavage and polyadenylation of pre-mRNAs. Required for HIV-1 Rev function as well as for HIV-1 replication. Binds to the RRE sequence of HIV-1 mRNAs.
- Tissue specificityHighest levels of transcription in 2 retinoblastoma cell lines and in tissues of neuroectodermal origin including the retina, brain, and spinal cord.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DEAD box helicase family. DDX1 subfamily.
Contains 1 B30.2/SPRY domain.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
- DomainThe helicase domain is involved in the stimulation of RELA transcriptional activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylated by ATM kinase; phosphorylation is increased in response to ionizing radiation (IR).
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic granule. Localized with MBNL1, TIAL1 and YBX1 in stress granules upon stress. Localized with CSTF2 in cleavage bodies. Forms large aggregates called DDX1 bodies. Relocalized into multiple foci (IR-induced foci or IRIF) after IR treatment, a process that depends on the presence of chromosomal DNA and/or RNA-DNA duplexes. Relocalized at sites of DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) in an ATM-dependent manner after IR treatment. Colocalized with RELA in the nucleus upon TNF-alpha induction. Relocalized to the cytoplasm with a perinuclear staining pattern in avian infectious bronchitis virus (IBV)-infected cells. Required for proper localization of HIV-1 Rev.
References for Human DDX1 peptide (ab30615)
ab30615 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.