Human Dnmt3a protein fragment (ab92240)
- Product nameHuman Dnmt3a protein fragmentSee all Dnmt3a proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceRKSTAEKPKVKEIIDERTRERLVYEVRQKCRNIEDICISC GSLNVTLEH PLFVGGMCQNCKNCFLECAYQYDDDGYQS YCTICCGGREVLMCGNNNCC RCFCVECVDLLVGPGAAQ AAIKEDPWNCYMCGHKGTYGLLRRREDWPSR LQMFFAN NHDQEFDPPKVYPPVPAEKRKPIRVLSLFDGIATGLLVLK DL GIQVDRYIASEVCEDSITVGMVRHQGKIMYVGDVRS VTQKHIQEWGPFD LVIGGSPCNDLSIVNPARKGLYEGT GRLFFEFY
- Amino acids269 to 546
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92240 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitution volume is batch dependent.
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3 alpha
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3A
- DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 3A
- DNA cytosine methyltransferase 3A2
- DNA methyltransferase 3a
- DNA methyltransferase HsaIIIA
- DNA MTase HsaIIIA
- DNMT 3a
- FunctionRequired for genome wide de novo methylation and is essential for the establishment of DNA methylation patterns during development. DNA methylation is coordinated with methylation of histones. It modifies DNA in a non-processive manner and also methylates non-CpG sites. May preferentially methylate DNA linker between 2 nucleosomal cores and is inhibited by histone H1. Plays a role in paternal and maternal imprinting. Required for methylation of most imprinted loci in germ cells. Acts as a transcriptional corepressor for ZNF238. Can actively repress transcription through the recruitment of HDAC activity.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fetal tissues, skeletal muscle, heart, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, kidney, and at lower levels in placenta, brain, liver, colon, spleen, small intestine and lung.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the C5-methyltransferase family.
Contains 1 ADD domain.
Contains 1 GATA-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PWWP domain.
- DomainThe PWWP domain is essential for targeting to pericentric heterochromatin.
modificationsSumoylated; sumoylation disrupts the ability to interact with histone deacetylases (HDAC1 and HDAC2) and repress transcription.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Accumulates in the major satellite repeats at pericentric heterochromatin.
Human Dnmt3a protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human Dnmt3a protein fragment (ab92240)
ab92240 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.