Human EAAT2 peptide (ab41752)
- Product nameHuman EAAT2 peptideSee all EAAT2 proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41752 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Excitatory amino acid transporter 2
- Excitotoxic amino acid transporter 2
- Glial high affinity glutamate transporter
- GLT 1
- Glutamate aspartate transporter II
- Glutamate transporter 1
- Glutamate/aspartate transporter II
- Sodium dependent glutamate aspartate transporter 2
- Sodium-dependent glutamate/aspartate transporter 2
- solute carrier family 1 (glial high affinity glutamate transporter), member 2
- Solute carrier family 1 glial high affinity glutamate transporter member 2
- Solute carrier family 1 member 2
- FunctionTransports L-glutamate and also L- and D-aspartate. Essential for terminating the postsynaptic action of glutamate by rapidly removing released glutamate from the synaptic cleft. Acts as a symport by cotransporting sodium.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:dicarboxylate (SDF) symporter (TC 2.A.23) family. SLC1A2 subfamily.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
References for Human EAAT2 peptide (ab41752)
This product has been referenced in:
- Potapenko ES et al. Altered astrocyte glutamate transporter regulation of hypothalamic neurosecretory neurons in heart failure rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 303:R291-300 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22696576) »