Human EIF3S1 protein fragment (ab113578)
- Product nameHuman EIF3S1 protein fragment
- DescriptionRecombinant, His tag
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMKISEKKKIAEKIKEKERQQ KKRQEEIKKRLEEPEEPKVLTPEEQLADKLRLKKLQEESD LELAKETFGVNNAVYGIDAMNPSSRDDFTEFGKLLKDKIT QYEKSLYYASFLEVLVRDVCISLEIDDLKKITNSLTVLCS EKQKQEKQSKAKKKKKGVVPGGGLKATMKDDLADYGGYDG GYVQDYEDFM
- Molecular weight24 kDa including tags
- Amino acids70 to 258
- TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113578 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Mass spectrometryMALDI-TOF
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab113578 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.02% Tris HCl, 0.03% DTT, 10% Glycerol, 1.17% Sodium chloride
- eIF 3 alpha
- eIF3 alpha
- eIF3 p35
- EIF3S 1
- Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit 1
- Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit J
- Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit 1 (alpha, 35kD)
- Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit 1 alpha, 35kD
- FunctionComponent of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 (eIF-3) complex, which is required for several steps in the initiation of protein synthesis. The eIF-3 complex associates with the 40S ribosome and facilitates the recruitment of eIF-1, eIF-1A, eIF-2:GTP:methionyl-tRNAi and eIF-5 to form the 43S preinitiation complex (43S PIC). The eIF-3 complex stimulates mRNA recruitment to the 43S PIC and scanning of the mRNA for AUG recognition. The eIF-3 complex is also required for disassembly and recycling of posttermination ribosomal complexes and subsequently prevents premature joining of the 40S and 60S ribosomal subunits prior to initiation. This subunit binds directly within the mRNA entry channel of the 40S ribosome to the aminoacyl (A) site. It may regulate the interaction between the 43S PIC and mRNA.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eIF-3 subunit J family.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylation is enhanced upon serum stimulation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
References for Human EIF3S1 protein fragment (ab113578)
ab113578 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.