Human eIF4A3 peptide (ab32484)
- Product nameHuman eIF4A3 peptideSee all eIF4A3 proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32484 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX48
- ATP-dependent RNA helicase eIF4A-3
- DEAD box protein 48
- Eukaryotic initiation factor 4A-III
- Eukaryotic initiation factor 4A-like NUK-34
- EUKARYOTIC TRANSLATION INITIATION FACTOR 4A ISOFORM 3
- hNMP 265
- NMP 265
- NUCLEAR MATRIX PROTEIN 265
- FunctionATP-dependent RNA helicase. Component of a splicing-dependent multiprotein exon junction complex (EJC) deposited at splice junction on mRNAs. The EJC is a dynamic structure consisting of a few core proteins and several more peripheral nuclear and cytoplasmic associated factors that join the complex only transiently either during EJC assembly or during subsequent mRNA metabolism. Core components of the EJC, that remains bound to spliced mRNAs throughout all stages of mRNA metabolism, functions to mark the position of the exon-exon junction in the mature mRNA and thereby influences downstream processes of gene expression including mRNA splicing, nuclear mRNA export, subcellular mRNA localization, translation efficiency and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD). Constitutes at least part of the platform anchoring other EJC proteins to spliced mRNAs. Its RNA-dependent ATPase and RNA-helicase activities are induced by CASC3, but abolished in presence of the MAGOH/RBM8A heterodimer, thereby trapping the ATP-bound EJC core onto spliced mRNA in a stable conformation. The inhibition of ATPase activity by the MAGOH/RBM8A heterodimer increases the RNA-binding affinity of the EJC. Involved in translational enhancement of spliced mRNAs after formation of the 80S ribosome complex. Binds spliced mRNA in sequence-independent manner, 20-24 nucleotides upstream of mRNA exon-exon junctions. Shows higher affinity for single-stranded RNA in an ATP-bound core EJC complex than after the ATP is hydrolyzed.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DEAD box helicase family. eIF4A subfamily.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus speckle. Cytoplasm. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein. Travels to the cytoplasm as part of the exon junction complex (EJC) bound to mRNA. Detected in dendritic layer as well as the nuclear and cytoplasmic (somatic) compartments of neurons. Colocalizes with STAU1 and FMR1 in dendrites.
References for Human eIF4A3 peptide (ab32484)
ab32484 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.