Human EMILIN1 protein fragment (ab116414)
- Product nameHuman EMILIN1 protein fragmentSee all EMILIN1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight39 kDa including tags
- Amino acids676 to 1016
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab116414 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Mass spectrometryMALDI-TOF-TOF
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituent: 99% PBS
- Elastin microfibril interface located protein
- Elastin microfibril interface located protein 1
- Elastin microfibril interface-located protein 1
- Elastin microfibril interfacer 1
- EMILIN 1
- FunctionMay be responsible for anchoring smooth muscle cells to elastic fibers, and may be involved not only in the formation of the elastic fiber, but also in the processes that regulate vessel assembly. Has cell adhesive capacity.
- Tissue specificityDistributed in tissues where resilience and elastic recoil are prominent. Highest levels in the adult small intestine, aorta, lung, uterus, and appendix and in the fetal spleen, kidney, lung, and heart; intermediate expression was detected in adult liver, ovary, colon, stomach, lymph node and spleen; adult heart, bladder, prostate, adrenal gland, mammary gland, placenta and kidney showed low expression whereas a series of other adult tissues, including skeletal muscle and different regions of adult brain show no expression.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C1q domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
Contains 1 EMI domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Found mainly at the interface between amorphous elastin and microfibrils.
Human EMILIN1 protein fragment images
10% SDS-PAGE stained with Coomassie Blue (Lane 1), immunobloting with anti-6xHis (Lane 2)
References for Human EMILIN1 protein fragment (ab116414)
ab116414 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.