Human ErbB 2 protein fragment (ab40048)
- Product nameHuman ErbB 2 protein fragmentSee all ErbB 2 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceGQEC VEECRVLQGL PREYVNARHC LPCHPECQPQ NGSVTCFGPE ADQCVACAHY KDPPFCVARC PSGVKPDLSY MPIWKFPDEE GACQPCPINC THSCVD
- Amino acids537 to 636
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40048 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, 50mM Tris acetate, 1mM EDTA, pH 7.5
- Verb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog
- c erb B2
- C erb B2/neu protein
- C erbB 2
- CD340 antigen
- Cerb B2/neu protein
- Erb B2
- HER 2
- HER 2/neu
- Metastatic lymph node gene 19 protein
- MLN 19
- NEU Proto Oncogene
- Neuro Glioblastoma Derived Oncogene Homolog
- Neuroblastoma/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog
- p185 ErbB2
- Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-2
- Proto-oncogene Neu
- Receptor Protein Tyrosine Kinase ErbB2 Precursor
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase erbB 2
- Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-2
- Tyrosine kinase type cell surface receptor HER2
- Tyrosine kinase-type cell surface receptor HER2
- V erb b2 avian erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2 (neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog)
- v erb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2 neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog (avian)
- V erb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog (avian)
- Verb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog (avian)
- FunctionProtein tyrosine kinase that is part of several cell surface receptor complexes, but that apparently needs a coreceptor for ligand binding. Essential component of a neuregulin-receptor complex, although neuregulins do not interact with it alone. GP30 is a potential ligand for this receptor. Regulates outgrowth and stabilization of peripheral microtubules (MTs). Upon ERBB2 activation, the MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway elicits the phosphorylation and thus the inhibition of GSK3B at cell membrane. This prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization.
In the nucleus is involved in transcriptional regulation. Associates with the 5'-TCAAATTC-3' sequence in the PTGS2/COX-2 promoter and activates its transcription. Implicated in transcriptional activation of CDKN1A; the function involves STAT3 and SRC. Involved in the transcription of rRNA genes by RNA Pol I and enhances protein synthesis and cell growth.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tumor tissues including primary breast tumors and tumors from small bowel, esophagus, kidney and mouth.
- Involvement in diseaseHereditary diffuse gastric cancer
Chromosomal aberrations involving ERBB2 may be a cause gastric cancer. Deletions within 17q12 region producing fusion transcripts with CDK12, leading to CDK12-ERBB2 fusion leading to truncated CDK12 protein not in-frame with ERBB2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Ligand-binding increases phosphorylation on tyrosine residues. Autophosphorylation occurs in trans, i.e. one subunit of the dimeric receptor phosphorylates tyrosine residues on the other subunit. Signaling via SEMA4C promotes phosphorylation at Tyr-1248.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus and Cell membrane. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Nucleus. Translocation to the nucleus requires endocytosis, probably endosomal sorting and is mediated by importin beta-1/KPNB1.
References for Human ErbB 2 protein fragment (ab40048)
ab40048 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.