Human Factor B protein fragment (ab91670)
- Product nameHuman Factor B protein fragmentSee all Factor B proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceRSTGSWSTLKTQDQKTVRKAECRAIHCPRPHDFENGEYWP RSPYYNVSDE ISFHCYDGYTLRGSANRTCQVNGRWSGQ TAICDNGAGYCSNPGIPIGTRK VGSQYRLEDSVTYHCS RGLTLRGSQRRTCQEGGSWSGTEPSCQDSFMYDT PQEV AEAFLSSLTETIEGVDAEDGHGPGEQQKRKIVLDPSGSMN IYLVLD GSDSIGASNFTGAKKCLVNLIEKVASYGVKPR YGLVTYATYPKIWVKVSE ADSSNADWVTKQLNEINYED HKLKSGTNTKKALQAVYSMMSWPDDVPPEG WNRTRHVI ILMTDGLHNMGGDPITVIDEIRDLLYIGKDRKNPREDYLD VY VFGVGPLVNQVNINALASKKDNEQHVFKVKDMENLE DVFYQMIDESQSLS LCGMVWEHRKGTDYHKQPWQAKIS VIRPSKGHESCMGAVVSEYFVLTAAH CFTVDDKEHSIK VSVGGEKRDLEIEVVLFHPNYNINGKKEAGIPEFYDYD VALIKLKNKLKYGQTIRPICLPCTEGTTRALRLPPTTTCQ QQKEELLPAQ DIKALFVSEEEKKLTRKEVYIKNGDKKG SCERDAQYAPGYDKVKDISEVV TPRFLCTGGVSPYADP NTCRGDSGGPLIVHKRSRFIQVGVISWGVVDVCK NQKR QKQVPAHARDFHINLFQVLPWLKEKLQDEDLGFL
- Amino acids77 to 764
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91670 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 100 µl aqua dest.
- B factor properdin
- C3 proaccelerator
- C3 proactivator
- C3/C5 convertase
- Complement Factor B
- Complement factor B Bb fragment
- Glycine rich beta glycoprotein
- Glycine-rich beta glycoprotein
- H2 Bf
- Properdin factor B
- FunctionFactor B which is part of the alternate pathway of the complement system is cleaved by factor D into 2 fragments: Ba and Bb. Bb, a serine protease, then combines with complement factor 3b to generate the C3 or C5 convertase. It has also been implicated in proliferation and differentiation of preactivated B-lymphocytes, rapid spreading of peripheral blood monocytes, stimulation of lymphocyte blastogenesis and lysis of erythrocytes. Ba inhibits the proliferation of preactivated B-lymphocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CFB are a cause of susceptibility to hemolytic uremic syndrome atypical type 4 (AHUS4) [MIM:612924]. An atypical form of hemolytic uremic syndrome. It is a complex genetic disease characterized by microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, renal failure and absence of episodes of enterocolitis and diarrhea. In contrast to typical hemolytic uremic syndrome, atypical forms have a poorer prognosis, with higher death rates and frequent progression to end-stage renal disease. Note=Susceptibility to the development of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome can be conferred by mutations in various components of or regulatory factors in the complement cascade system. Other genes may play a role in modifying the phenotype.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 3 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Human Factor B protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human Factor B protein fragment (ab91670)
ab91670 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.