Human Ferritin full length protein (ab96358)
- Product nameHuman Ferritin full length proteinSee all Ferritin proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight450 kDa
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96358 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity 96
Nominally greater than 96%
- Additional NotesStarting material tested and found negative for HIV I & II antibodies, Hepatitis B surface antigen, and Hepatitis C antibodies.
Ferritin consists of a hollow shell comprising 24 light and heavy subunits, the precise ratio of which is tissue specific. Human spleen ferritin is similar to liver ferritin but contains a higher proportion of the heavy subunits.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C.
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.05M PBS, pH 7.5
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 15 protein
- Ferritin H subunit
- Ferritin heavy chain
- Ferritin heavy polypeptide 1
- Ferritin L chain
- Ferritin L subunit
- Ferritin light chain
- Ferritin light polypeptide like 3
- Ferritin, light polypeptide
- Placenta immunoregulatory factor
- Proliferation inducing protein 15
- FunctionStores iron in a soluble, non-toxic, readily available form. Important for iron homeostasis. Has ferroxidase activity. Iron is taken up in the ferrous form and deposited as ferric hydroxides after oxidation. Also plays a role in delivery of iron to cells. Mediates iron uptake in capsule cells of the developing kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ferritin family.
Contains 1 ferritin-like diiron domain.
References for Human Ferritin full length protein (ab96358)
ab96358 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.