Human FKBP38 protein fragment (ab91801)
- Product nameHuman FKBP38 protein fragmentSee all FKBP38 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceNGLLRKKTLVPGPPGSSRPVKGQVVTVHLQTSLENGTRVQ EEPELVFTLGDC DVIQALDLSVPLMDVGETAMVTADSK YCYGPQGSRSPYIPPHAALCLEVTLK TAVDGPDLEMLT GQERVALANRKRECGNAHYQRADFVLAANSYDLAIKAITS SAKVDMTFEEEAQLLQLKVKCLNNLAASQLKLDHYRAA LRSCSLVLEHQPDN IKALFRKGKVLAQQGEYSEAIPIL RAALKLEPSNKTIHAELSKLVKKHAAQR STETALYRKM LGNPSRLPAKCPGKGAWSIPWKWLFGATAVALGGVALSVV IA ARN
- Amino acids99 to 413
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91801 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein Identity confirmed by Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS) (acquired on initial reference batch)
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- Reconstitutionreconstitution with 101 µl aqua dest.
- 38 kDa FK506-binding protein
- 38 kDa FKBP
- FK506 binding protein 8
- FK506 binding protein 8, 38kDa
- FK506 binding protein, 38kDa
- FK506-binding protein 8
- FKBP 38
- Peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase FKBP8
- PPIase FKBP8
- FunctionConstitutively inactive PPiase, which becomes active when bound to calmodulin and calcium. Seems to act as a chaperone for BCL2, targets it to the mitochondria and modulates its phosphorylation state. The BCL2/FKBP8/calmodulin/calcium complex probably interferes with the binding of BCL2 to its targets. The active form of FKBP8 may therefore play a role in the regulation of apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest levels seen in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PPIase FKBP-type domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion membrane.
Human FKBP38 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. A coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human FKBP38 protein fragment (ab91801)
ab91801 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.