Human Gelsolin peptide (ab74419)
- Product nameHuman Gelsolin peptideSee all Gelsolin proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74419 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Actin depolymerizing factor
- Actin-depolymerizing factor
- FunctionCalcium-regulated, actin-modulating protein that binds to the plus (or barbed) ends of actin monomers or filaments, preventing monomer exchange (end-blocking or capping). It can promote the assembly of monomers into filaments (nucleation) as well as sever filaments already formed. Plays a role in ciliogenesis.
- Tissue specificityPhagocytic cells, platelets, fibroblasts, nonmuscle cells, smooth and skeletal muscle cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GSN are the cause of amyloidosis type 5 (AMYL5) [MIM:105120]; also known as familial amyloidosis Finnish type. AMYL5 is a hereditary generalized amyloidosis due to gelsolin amyloid deposition. It is typically characterized by cranial neuropathy and lattice corneal dystrophy. Most patients have modest involvement of internal organs, but severe systemic disease can develop in some individuals causing peripheral polyneuropathy, amyloid cardiomyopathy, and nephrotic syndrome leading to renal failure.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the villin/gelsolin family.
Contains 6 gelsolin-like repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Tyr-86, Tyr-409, Tyr-465, Tyr-603 and Tyr-651 in vitro is induced in presence of phospholipids.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton and Secreted.
References for Human Gelsolin peptide (ab74419)
ab74419 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.