Human Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase protein fragment (ab91923)
- Product nameHuman Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase protein fragmentSee all Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceFNHFSLTLNTNHGHILVDYSKNLVTEDVMRMLVDLAKSRG VEAARERMFNGEKINYTEGRA VLHVALRNRSNTPILVD GKDVMPEVNKVLDKMKSFCQRVRSGDWKGYTGKTIT DV INIGIGGSDLGPLMVTEALKPYSSGGPRVWYVSNIDGTHI AKTLAQLNPES SLFIIASKTFTTQETITNAETAKEWFL QAAKDPSAVAKHFVALSTNTTKVKEF GIDPQNMFEFWD WVGGRYSLWSAIGLSIALHVGFDNFEQLL
- Amino acids37 to 297
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91923 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 161 µl aqua dest.
- Aurocrine motility factor
- Autocrine motility factor
- EC 126.96.36.199
- Glucose phosphate isomerase
- Glucose-6-phosphate isomerase
- Hexose monophosphate isomerase
- Hexosephosphate isomerase
- Phosphoglucose isomerase
- Phosphohexose isomerase
- SA 36
- Sperm antigen 36
- FunctionBesides it's role as a glycolytic enzyme, mammalian GPI can function as a tumor-secreted cytokine and an angiogenic factor (AMF) that stimulates endothelial cell motility. GPI is also a neurotrophic factor (Neuroleukin) for spinal and sensory neurons.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate and glycerone phosphate from D-glucose: step 2/4.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GPI are the cause of hemolytic anemia non-spherocytic due to glucose phosphate isomerase deficiency (HA-GPID) [MIM:613470]. It is a form of anemia in which there is no abnormal hemoglobin or spherocytosis. It is caused by glucose phosphate isomerase deficiency. Severe GPI deficiency can be associated with hydrops fetalis, immediate neonatal death and neurological impairment.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GPI family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-185 by CK2 has been shown to decrease enzymatic activity and may contribute to secretion by a non-classical secretory pathway.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Secreted.
Human Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase protein fragment (ab91923)
ab91923 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.