Human Glutaredoxin 2 full length protein (ab95471)
- Product nameHuman Glutaredoxin 2 full length proteinSee all Glutaredoxin 2 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMSAGWLDRAA GAAGAAAAAA SGMESNTSSS LENLATAPVN QIQETISDNC VVIFSKTSCS YCTMAKKLFH DMNVNYKVVE LDLLEYGNQF QDALYKMTGE RTVPRIFVNG TFIGGATDTH RLHKEGKLLP LVHQCYLKKS KRKEFQLEHH HHHH
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95471 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab95471 was purified by using conventional chromatography.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM Tris HCl, 0.1mM PMSF, pH 8.0
- bA101E13.1 (GRX2 glutaredoxin (thioltransferase) 2)
- Glutaredoxin-2, mitochondrial
- FunctionGlutathione-dependent oxidoreductase that facilitates the maintenance of mitochondrial redox homeostasis upon induction of apoptosis by oxidative stress. Involved in response to hydrogen peroxide and regulation of apoptosis caused by oxidative stress. Acts as a very efficient catalyst of monothiol reactions because of its high affinity for protein glutathione-mixed disulfides. Can receive electrons not only from glutathione (GSH), but also from thioredoxin reductase supporting both monothiol and dithiol reactions. Efficiently catalyzes both glutathionylation and deglutathionylation of mitochondrial complex I, which in turn regulates the superoxide production by the complex. Overexpression decreases the susceptibility to apoptosis and prevents loss of cardiolipin and cytochrome c release.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expressed in brain, heart, skeletal muscle, colon, thymus, spleen, kidney, liver, small intestine, placenta and lung. Not expressed in peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutaredoxin family.
Contains 1 glutaredoxin domain.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion and Nucleus.
References for Human Glutaredoxin 2 full length protein (ab95471)
ab95471 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.