Human HEF1 protein fragment (ab92252)
- Product nameHuman HEF1 protein fragmentSee all HEF1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceQRLQQALEMGVSSLMALVTTDWRCYGYMERHINEIRTAVD KVELFLKEYLHFVKGAVANA ACLPELILHNKMKRELQR VEDSHQILSQTSHDLNECSWSLNILAINKPQNKCDDLDRF VM VAKTVPDDAKQLTTTINTNAEALFRPGPGSLHLKNG PESIMNSTEYPHGGSQGQLLHPGD HKAQAHNKALPPGL SKEQAPDCSSSDGSERSWMDDYDYVHLQGKEEFERQQKEL LEKENI MKQNKMQLEHHQLSQFQLLEQEITKPVENDIS KWKPSQSLPTTNSGVSAQDRQLLCFYYD QCETHFISLL NAIDALFSCVSSAQPPRIFVAHSKFVILSAHKLVFIGDTL TRQVTAQDIR NKVMNSSNQLCEQLKTIVMATKMAALHY PSTTALQEMVHQVTDLSRNAQLFKRSLLEMAT F
- Amino acids414 to 834
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92252 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 116 µl aqua dest.
- Cas like docking
- Cas scaffolding protein family member 2
- Crk associated substrate related
- Crk associated substrate related protein
- CRK-associated substrate-related protein
- dJ49G10.2 (Enhancer of Filamentation 1 (HEF1))
- dJ761I2.1 (enhancer of filamentation (HEF1))
- Enhancer of filamentation 1
- Enhancer of filamentation 1 p55
- HEF 1
- Neural precursor cell expressed developmentally down-regulated protein 9
- Renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-12
- FunctionDocking protein which plays a central coordinating role for tyrosine-kinase-based signaling related to cell adhesion. May function in transmitting growth control signals between focal adhesions at the cell periphery and the mitotic spindle in response to adhesion or growth factor signals initiating cell proliferation. May play an important role in integrin beta-1 or B cell antigen receptor (BCR) mediated signaling in B- and T-cells. Integrin beta-1 stimulation leads to recruitment of various proteins including CRK, NCK and SHPTP2 to the tyrosine phosphorylated form.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Higher levels detected in kidney, lung, and placenta. Also detected in T-cells, B-cells and diverse cell lines. The protein has been detected in lymphocytes, in diverse cell lines, and in lung tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CAS family.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
- DomainContains a central domain containing multiple potential SH2-binding sites and a C-terminal domain containing a divergent helix-loop-helix (HLH) motif. The SH2-binding sites putatively bind CRK, NCK and ABL SH2 domains. The HLH motif confers specific interaction with the HLH proteins ID2, E12 and E47. It is absolutely required for the induction of pseudohyphal growth in yeast and mediates homodimerization and heterodimerization with p130cas.
The SH3 domain interacts with two proline-rich regions of focal adhesion kinase.
modificationsCell cycle-regulated processing produces four isoforms: p115, p105, p65, and p55. Isoform p115 arises from p105 phosphorylation and appears later in the cell cycle. Isoform p55 arises from p105 as a result of cleavage at a caspase cleavage-related site and it appears specifically at mitosis. The p65 isoform is poorly detected.
Focal adhesion kinase 1 phosphorylates the protein at the YDYVHL motif (conserved among all cas proteins). The SRC family kinases (FYN, SRC, LCK and CRK) are recruited to the phosphorylated sites and can phosphorylate other tyrosine residues. Ligation of either integrin beta-1 or B-cell antigen receptor on tonsillar B-cells and B-cell lines promotes tyrosine phosphorylation and both integrin and BCR-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation requires an intact actin network. In fibroblasts transformation with oncogene v-ABL results in an increase in tyrosine phosphorylation. Transiently phosphorylated following CD3 cross-linking and this phosphorylated form binds to CRK and C3G. A mutant lacking the SH3 domain is phosphorylated upon CD3 cross-linking but not upon integrin beta-1 cross-linking. Tyrosine phosphorylation occurs upon stimulation of the G-protein coupled C1a calcitonin receptor in rabbit. Calcitonin-stimulated tyrosine phosphorylation is mediated by calcium- and protein kinase C-dependent mechanisms and requires the integrity of the actin cytoskeleton.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle and Cytoplasm > cell cortex. Nucleus. Golgi apparatus. Cell projection > lamellipodium. Cytoplasm. Cell junction > focal adhesion. Localizes to both the cell nucleus and the cell periphery and is differently localized in fibroblasts and epithelial cells. In fibroblasts is predominantly nuclear and in some cells is present in the Golgi apparatus. In epithelial cells localized predominantly in the cell periphery with particular concentration in lamellipodia but is also found in the nucleus. Isoforms p105 and p115 are predominantly cytoplasmic and associate with focal adhesions while p55 associates with mitotic spindle.
Human HEF1 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human HEF1 protein fragment (ab92252)
ab92252 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.