For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1772 in the following tested applications.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Information available upon request.
All lanes: Anti-Histone H3 (di methyl K9) antibody [mAbcam 1220] - ChIP Grade (ab1220)
Lane 1: Calf thymus histone lysate
Lane 2: Calf thymus histone lysate with Histone H3 peptide - unmodified at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3: Calf thymus histone lysate with Human Histone H3 (mono methyl K9) peptide (ab1771) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 4: Calf thymus histone lysate with Human Histone H3 (di methyl K9) peptide (ab1772) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 5: Calf thymus histone lysate with Human Histone H3 (tri methyl K9) peptide (ab1773) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 6: Calf thymus histone lysate with Histone H3 (di methyl K4) peptide (ab7768) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 7: Calf thymus histone lysate with Human Histone H3 (di methyl K27) peptide (ab1781) at 1 µg/ml
Rabbit Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6728) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Exposure time: 1 minute