Human HP1 gamma full length protein (ab124548)
- Product nameHuman HP1 gamma full length proteinSee all HP1 gamma proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, His tag
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MGSHMASNKT TLQKMGKKQN GKSKKVEEAE PEEFVVEKVL DRRVVNGKVE YFLKWKGFTD ADNTWEPEEN LDCPELIEAF LNSQKAGKEK DGTKRKSLSD SESDDSKSKK KRDAADKPRG FARGLDPERI IGATDSSGEL MFLMKWKDSD EADLVLAKEA NMKCPQIVIA FYEERLTWHS CPEDEAQ
- Molecular weight23 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 183
- TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124548 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Mass spectrometryMALDI-TOF
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purified by using conventional chromatography.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.02% DTT, 0.32% Tris HCl, 20% Glycerol, 0.58% Sodium chloride
- CBX 3
- Chromobox homolog 3
- Chromobox homolog 3 (HP1 gamma homolog, Drosophila)
- Chromobox protein homolog 3
- Heterochromatin like protein 1
- Heterochromatin protein 1 homolog gamma
- Heterochromatin protein HP1 gamma
- HP1 gamma
- HP1 gamma homolog
- HP1Hs gamma
- Modifier 2 protein
- FunctionSeems to be involved in transcriptional silencing in heterochromatin-like complexes. Recognizes and binds histone H3 tails methylated at 'Lys-9', leading to epigenetic repression. May contribute to the association of the heterochromatin with the inner nuclear membrane through its interaction with lamin B receptor (LBR). Involved in the formation of functional kinetochore through interaction with MIS12 complex proteins.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 chromo domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PIM1. Phosphorylated during interphase and possibly hyper-phosphorylated during mitosis.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Associates with euchromatin and is largely excluded from constitutive heterochromatin. May be associated with microtubules and mitotic poles during mitosis.
References for Human HP1 gamma full length protein (ab124548)
ab124548 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.