Human HP1 gamma full length protein (ab88011)
- Product nameHuman HP1 gamma full length proteinSee all HP1 gamma proteins and peptides ...
- SourceSaccharomyces cerevisiae
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMASNKTTLQKMGKKQNGKSKKVEEAEPEEFVVEKVLDRRV VNGKV EYFLKWKGFTDADNTWEPEENLDCPELIEAFLN SQKAGKEKDGTK RKSLSDSESDDSKSKKKRDAADKPRG FARGLDPERIIGATDSSGE LMFLMKWKDSDEADLVLAK EANMKCPQIVIAFYEERLTWHSCPED EAQ
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab88011 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purified by affinity chromatography.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.5% Triton-X-100, 50mM HEPES, 30mM Glutathione, 100mM Sodium chloride, 1mM DTT, pH 7.5
- CBX 3
- Chromobox homolog 3
- Chromobox homolog 3 (HP1 gamma homolog, Drosophila)
- Chromobox protein homolog 3
- Heterochromatin like protein 1
- Heterochromatin protein 1 homolog gamma
- Heterochromatin protein HP1 gamma
- HP1 gamma
- HP1 gamma homolog
- HP1Hs gamma
- Modifier 2 protein
- FunctionSeems to be involved in transcriptional silencing in heterochromatin-like complexes. Recognizes and binds histone H3 tails methylated at 'Lys-9', leading to epigenetic repression. May contribute to the association of the heterochromatin with the inner nuclear membrane through its interaction with lamin B receptor (LBR). Involved in the formation of functional kinetochore through interaction with MIS12 complex proteins.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 chromo domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PIM1. Phosphorylated during interphase and possibly hyper-phosphorylated during mitosis.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Associates with euchromatin and is largely excluded from constitutive heterochromatin. May be associated with microtubules and mitotic poles during mitosis.
References for Human HP1 gamma full length protein (ab88011)
ab88011 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.