Human intestinal FABP full length protein (ab84197)
- Product nameHuman intestinal FABP full length proteinSee all intestinal FABP proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MAFDSTWKVD RSENYDKFME KMGVNIVKRK LAAHDNLKLT ITQEGNKFTV KESSAFRNIE VVFELGVTFN YNLADGTELR GTWSLEGNKL IGKFKRTDNG NELNTVREII GDELVQTYVY EGVEAKRIFK KD
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84197 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab84197 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
- Additional NotesEndotoxin Level: < 1.0 EU per 1 µg of protein (determined by LAL method).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM Tris HCl, pH 8.0
- FABP 2
- Fatty acid binding protein
- Fatty acid binding protein 2 intestinal
- Fatty acid binding protein intestinal
- Fatty acid-binding protein
- Fatty acid-binding protein 2
- I FABP
- Intestinal fatty acid binding protein 2
- Intestinal-type fatty acid-binding protein
- FunctionFABP are thought to play a role in the intracellular transport of long-chain fatty acids and their acyl-CoA esters. FABP2 is probably involved in triglyceride-rich lipoprotein synthesis. Binds saturated long-chain fatty acids with a high affinity, but binds with a lower affinity to unsaturated long-chain fatty acids. FABP2 may also help maintain energy homeostasis by functioning as a lipid sensor.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the small intestine and at much lower levels in the large intestine. Highest expression levels in the jejunum.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Fatty-acid binding protein (FABP) family.
- DomainForms a beta-barrel structure that accommodates the hydrophobic ligand in its interior.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Human intestinal FABP full length protein images
15% SDS-PAGE showing ab84197 at approximately 17.3kDa (3µg).
References for Human intestinal FABP full length protein (ab84197)
ab84197 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.