Human KAT2B / PCAF full length protein (ab82074)
- Product nameHuman KAT2B / PCAF full length proteinSee all KAT2B / PCAF proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82074 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activity1 unit equals 1 nanogram of purified protein.
Gel supershift assays
- Additional Notes1 unit equals 1 nanogram of purified protein.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, 20mM Tris HCl, 100mM Potassium chloride, 1mM DTT, 0.2mM EDTA, pH 8
- CREBBP associated factor
- Histone acetylase PCAF
- Histone acetyltransferase KAT2B
- Histone acetyltransferase PCAF
- K(lysine) acetyltransferase 2B
- Lysine acetyltransferase 2B
- p300/CBP associated factor
- P300/CBP-associated factor
- FunctionFunctions as a histone acetyltransferase (HAT) to promote transcriptional activation. Has significant histone acetyltransferase activity with core histones (H3 and H4), and also with nucleosome core particles. Inhibits cell-cycle progression and counteracts the mitogenic activity of the adenoviral oncoprotein E1A. In case of HIV-1 infection, it is recruited by the viral protein Tat. Regulates Tat's transactivating activity and may help inducing chromatin remodeling of proviral genes.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed but most abundant in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GCN5 family.
Contains 1 bromo domain.
Contains 1 N-acetyltransferase domain.
- DomainThe bromodomain mediates binding to HIV-1 Tat.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
References for Human KAT2B / PCAF full length protein (ab82074)
ab82074 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.