Human Klotho full length protein (ab124316)
- Product nameHuman Klotho full length proteinSee all Klotho proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, His tag
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceEPGDGAQTWA RFSRPPAPEA AGLFQGTFPD GFLWAVGSAA YQTEGGWQQH GKGASIWDTF THHPLAPPGD SRNASLPLGA PSPLQPATGD VASDSYNNVF RDTEALRELG VTHYRFSISW ARVLPNGSAG VPNREGLRYY RRLLERLREL GVQPVVTLYH WDLPQRLQDA YGGWANRALA DHFRDYAELC FRHFGGQVKY WITIDNPYVV AWHGYATGRL APGIRGSPRL GYLVAHNLLL AHAKVWHLYN TSFRPTQGGQ VSIALSSHWI NPRRMTDHSI KECQKSLDFV LGWFAKPVFI DGDYPESMKN NLSSILPDFT ESEKKFIKGT ADFFALCFGP TLSFQLLDPH MKFRQLESPN LRQLLSWIDL EFNHPQIFIV ENGWFVSGTT KRDDAKYMYY LKKFIMETLK AIKLDGVDVI GYTAWSLMDG FEWHRGYSIR RGLFYVDFLS QDKMLLPKSS ALFYQKLIEK NGFPPLPENQ PLEGTFPCDF AWGVVDNYIQ VSQLTKPISS LTKPYHHHHH HH
- Molecular weight60 kDa including tags
- Amino acids34 to 549
- TagsHis tag C-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124316 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab124316 was purifed using Ni-NTA chromatography. The product is filtered (0.4 µm) but not sterile, hence needs to be filtered by an appropriate sterile filter before using in cell culture.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at -80°C
Constituents: 99% Phosphate Buffer, 0.58% Sodium chloride
- ReconstitutionAdd deionized water to prepare a working stock solution of 0.5 mg/mL and let the lyophilized pellet dissolve completely. Avoid storage of lyophilized product at room temperature. Aliquot reconstituted protein to avoid repeated freezing/thawing cycles and store at -80°C for long term. Reconstituted protein can be stored at 4°C for a week.
- Klotho peptide
- FunctionMay have weak glycosidase activity towards glucuronylated steroids. However, it lacks essential active site Glu residues at positions 239 and 872, suggesting it may be inactive as a glycosidase in vivo. May be involved in the regulation of calcium and phosphorus homeostasis by inhibiting the synthesis of active vitamin D (By similarity). Essential factor for the specific interaction between FGF23 and FGFR1.
The Klotho peptide generated by cleavage of the membrane-bound isoform may be an anti-aging circulating hormone which would extend life span by inhibiting insulin/IGF1 signaling.
- Tissue specificityPresent in cortical renal tubules (at protein level). Soluble peptide is present in serum and cerebrospinal fluid. Expressed in kidney, placenta, small intestine and prostate. Down-regulated in renal cell carcinomas, hepatocellular carcinomas, and in chronic renal failure kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KL are a cause of hyperphosphatemic familial tumoral calcinosis (HFTC) [MIM:211900]. A severe metabolic disorder that manifests with hyperphosphatemia and massive calcium deposits in the skin and subcutaneous tissues. Some patients manifest recurrent, transient, painful swellings of the long bones associated with the radiographic findings of periosteal reaction and cortical hyperostosis and absence of skin involvement.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 1 family. Klotho subfamily.
- DomainContains 2 glycosyl hydrolase 1 regions. However, the first region lacks the essential Glu active site residue at position 239, and the second one lacks the essential Glu active site residue at position 872.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Isoform 1 shedding leads to a soluble peptide.
Human Klotho full length protein images
12% SDS-PAGE separation of Human Klotho protein (ab124316) on a coomasie stained gel
Lane 1: reduced and boiled sample (5 µg)
Lane 2: non-reduced and non-boiled sample (5 µg)
References for Human Klotho full length protein (ab124316)
ab124316 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.