Human KMT1D / GLP / Eu HMTase1 protein fragment (ab91840)
- Product nameHuman KMT1D / GLP / Eu HMTase1 protein fragment
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceSQNCVTSPMNIDRNITHLQYCVCIDDCSSSNCMCGQLSMR CWYDKDGRLLPEFNMAEPP LIFECNHACSCWRNCRNRV VQNGLRARLQLYRTRDMGWGVRSLQDIPPGTFVCEYVGEL ISDSEADVREEDSYLFDLDNKDGEVYCIDARFYGNVSR FINHHCEPNLVPVRVFMAHQD LRFPRIAFFSTRLIEAG EQLGFDYGERFWDIKGKLFSCRCGSPKCRHSSAALAQRQA SA AQEAQEDGLPDTSSAAAADPL
- Amino acids460 to 716
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91840 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein Identity confirmed by Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS) (acquired on initial reference batch).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 103 µl aqua dest.
- EHMT 1
- Euchromatic histone lysine N methyltransferase 1
- Euchromatic histone methyltransferase 1
- Euchromatic histone-lysine N-methyltransferase 1
- G9a like protein
- G9a like protein 1
- G9a-like protein 1
- GLP 1
- H3 K9 HMTase 5
- H3-K9-HMTase 5
- Histone H3 K9 methyltransferase 5
- Histone H3-K9 methyltransferase 5
- Histone lysine N methyltransferase H3 lysine 9 specific 5
- Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase EHMT1
- Lysine N methyltransferase 1D
- Lysine N-methyltransferase 1D
- RP11 188C12.1
- FunctionHistone methyltransferase that specifically mono- and dimethylates 'Lys-9' of histone H3 (H3K9me1 and H3K9me2, respectively) in euchromatin. H3K9me represents a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression by recruiting HP1 proteins to methylated histones. Also weakly methylates 'Lys-27' of histone H3 (H3K27me). Also required for DNA methylation, the histone methyltransferase activity is not required for DNA methylation, suggesting that these 2 activities function independently. Probably targeted to histone H3 by different DNA-binding proteins like E2F6, MGA, MAX and/or DP1. During G0 phase, it probably contributes to silencing of MYC- and E2F-responsive genes, suggesting a role in G0/G1 transition in cell cycle. In addition to the histone methyltransferase activity, also methylates non-histone proteins: mediates dimethylation of 'Lys-373' of p53/TP53.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EHMT1 are the cause of chromosome 9q subtelomeric deletion syndrome (9q- syndrome) [MIM:610253]. Common features seen in these patients are severe mental retardation, hypotonia, brachy(micro)cephaly, epileptic seizures, flat face with hypertelorism, synophrys, anteverted nares, cupid bow or tented upper lip, everted lower lip, prognathism, macroglossia, conotruncal heart defects, and behavioral problems.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone-lysine methyltransferase family.
Contains 8 ANK repeats.
Contains 1 pre-SET domain.
Contains 1 SET domain.
- DomainThe ANK repeats recognize and bind RELA subunit of NF-kappa-B, when RELA is monomethylated at 'Lys-310' (By similarity). They also specifically recognize and bind H3K9me1 and H3K9me2.
The SET domain mediates interaction with WIZ.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Associates with euchromatic regions.
Human KMT1D / GLP / Eu HMTase1 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human KMT1D / GLP / Eu HMTase1 protein fragment (ab91840)
ab91840 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.