Human Ku80 protein fragment (ab91974)
- Product nameHuman Ku80 protein fragmentSee all Ku80 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceFCKSSQVQRRFFMGNQVLKVFAARDDEAAAVALSSLIHAL DDLDMVAIVRYAY DKRANPQVGVAFPHIKHNYECLVYV QLPFMEDLRQYMFSSLKNSKKYAPTEAQ LNAVDALIDS MSLAKKDEKTDTLEDLFPTTKIPNPRFQRLFQCLLHRALH PRE PLPPIQQHIWNMLNPPAEVTTKSQIPLSKIKTLFP LIEAKKKDQVTAQEIFQD NHEDGPTAKKLKTEQGGAHF SVSSLAEGSVTSVGSVNPAENFRVLVKQKKASF EEASN QLINHIEQFLDTNETPYFMKSIDCIRAFREEAIKFSEEQR FNN
- Amino acids345 to 657
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91974 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein Identity confirmed by Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS) (acquired on initial reference batch)
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 98 µl aqua dest.
- 86 kDa subunit of Ku antigen
- ATP dependent DNA helicase 2 subunit 2
- ATP dependent DNA helicase II
- ATP dependent DNA helicase II 80 kDa subunit
- ATP dependent DNA helicase II 86 Kd subunit
- ATP-dependent DNA helicase 2 subunit 2
- ATP-dependent DNA helicase II 80 kDa subunit
- CTC box binding factor 85 kDa
- CTC box-binding factor 85 kDa subunit
- DNA repair protein XRCC5
- KARP 1
- Ku 80
- Ku autoantigen 80kDa
- Ku86 autoantigen related protein 1
- KUB 2
- Lupus Ku autoantigen protein p86
- Nuclear factor IV
- Thyroid lupus autoantigen
- Thyroid-lupus autoantigen
- X ray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 5 (double strand break rejoining)
- X-ray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 5 (double-strand-break rejoining)
- X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 5
- Xray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 5
- XRCC 5
- FunctionSingle stranded DNA-dependent ATP-dependent helicase. Has a role in chromosome translocation. The DNA helicase II complex binds preferentially to fork-like ends of double-stranded DNA in a cell cycle-dependent manner. It works in the 3'-5' direction. Binding to DNA may be mediated by XRCC6. Involved in DNA non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break repair and V(D)J recombination. The XRCC5/6 dimer acts as regulatory subunit of the DNA-dependent protein kinase complex DNA-PK by increasing the affinity of the catalytic subunit PRKDC to DNA by 100-fold. The XRCC5/6 dimer is probably involved in stabilizing broken DNA ends and bringing them together. The assembly of the DNA-PK complex to DNA ends is required for the NHEJ ligation step. In association with NAA15, the XRCC5/6 dimer binds to the osteocalcin promoter and activates osteocalcin expression. The XRCC5/6 dimer probably also acts as a 5'-deoxyribose-5-phosphate lyase (5'-dRP lyase), by catalyzing the beta-elimination of the 5' deoxyribose-5-phosphate at an abasic site near double-strand breaks. XRCC5 probably acts as the catalytic subunit of 5'-dRP activity, and allows to 'clean' the termini of abasic sites, a class of nucleotide damage commonly associated with strand breaks, before such broken ends can be joined. The XRCC5/6 dimer together with APEX1 acts as a negative regulator of transcription.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ku80 family.
Contains 1 Ku domain.
- Developmental stageExpression increases during promyelocyte differentiation.
- DomainThe EEXXXDDL motif is required for the interaction with catalytic subunit PRKDC and its recruitment to sites of DNA damage.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine residues. Phosphorylation by PRKDC may enhance helicase activity.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
Human Ku80 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images colored control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human Ku80 protein fragment (ab91974)
ab91974 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.