Human LAMP2 peptide (ab98943)
- Product nameHuman LAMP2 peptideSee all LAMP2 proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98943 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- CD107 antigen-like family member B
- LAMP 2
- LAMP 2C
- Lysosome associated membrane protein 2
- Lysosome-associated membrane glycoprotein 2
- Lysosome-associated membrane protein 2
- FunctionImplicated in tumor cell metastasis. May function in protection of the lysosomal membrane from autodigestion, maintenance of the acidic environment of the lysosome, adhesion when expressed on the cell surface (plasma membrane), and inter-and intracellular signal transduction. Protects cells from the toxic effects of methylating mutagens.
- Tissue specificityIsoform LAMP-2A is highly expressed in placenta, lung and liver, less in kidney and pancreas, low in brain and skeletal muscle. Isoform LAMP-2B is highly expressed in skeletal muscle, less in brain, placenta, lung, kidney and pancreas, very low in liver.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in LAMP2 are the cause of Danon disease (DAND) [MIM:300257]; also known as glycogen storage disease type 2B (GSD2B). DAND is a lysosomal glycogen storage disease characterized by the clinical triad of cardiomyopathy, vacuolar myopathy and mental retardation. It is often associated with an accumulation of glycogen in muscle and lysosomes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LAMP family.
modificationsO- and N-glycosylated; some of the 16 N-linked glycans are polylactosaminoglycans.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. This protein shuttles between lysosomes, endosomes, and the plasma membrane.
References for Human LAMP2 peptide (ab98943)
ab98943 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.