Human MMP9 full length protein (ab82955)
- Product nameHuman MMP9 full length proteinSee all MMP9 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82955 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9
- 92 kDa gelatinase
- 92 kDa type IV collagenase
- CLG 4B
- Collagenase Type 4 beta
- Collagenase type IV 92 KD
- EC 188.8.131.52
- Gelatinase 92 KD
- Gelatinase B
- Gelatinase beta
- Macrophage gelatinase
- Matrix metallopeptidase 9 (gelatinase B, 92kDa gelatinase, 92kDa type IV collagenase)
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 9
- MMP 9
- Type V collagenase
- FunctionMay play an essential role in local proteolysis of the extracellular matrix and in leukocyte migration. Could play a role in bone osteoclastic resorption. Cleaves KiSS1 at a Gly-
-Leu bond. Cleaves type IV and type V collagen into large C-terminal three quarter fragments and shorter N-terminal one quarter fragments. Degrades fibronectin but not laminin or Pz-peptide.
- Tissue specificityProduced by normal alveolar macrophages and granulocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseIntervertebral disc disease
Metaphyseal anadysplasia 2
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 4 hemopexin repeats.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsProcessing of the precursor yields different active forms of 64, 67 and 82 kDa. Sequentially processing by MMP3 yields the 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9.
N- and O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
Human MMP9 full length protein images
Standard curve for MMP9 (Analyte: ab82955); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [SB15c] to MMP9 (ab51203) at 5µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to MMP9 - Hinge region (ab38902) at 0.5µg/ml.
ab82955 on SDS-PAGE.
References for Human MMP9 full length protein (ab82955)
ab82955 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.