Human Oct-4 peptide (ab20650)
- Product nameHuman Oct-4 peptideSee all Oct-4 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20650 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Information available upon request.
- Oct 3
- Oct 4
- Octamer binding protein 3
- Octamer binding protein 4
- Octamer binding transcription factor 3
- Octamer-binding protein 3
- Octamer-binding protein 4
- Octamer-binding transcription factor 3
- OTF 3
- OTF 4
- POU class 5 homeobox 1
- POU domain class 5 transcription factor 1
- POU domain transcription factor OCT4
- POU domain, class 5, transcription factor 1
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Forms a trimeric complex with SOX2 on DNA and controls the expression of a number of genes involved in embryonic development such as YES1, FGF4, UTF1 and ZFP206. Critical for early embryogenesis and for embryonic stem cell pluripotency.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in developing brain. Highest levels found in specific cell layers of the cortex, the olfactory bulb, the hippocampus and the cerebellum. Low levels of expression in adult tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-5 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
- Developmental stageHighly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem cells and expression decreases gradually after embryoid body (EB) formation.
- DomainThe POU-specific domain mediates interaction with PKM2.
modificationsSumoylation enhances the protein stability, DNA binding and transactivation activity. Sumoylation is required for enhanced YES1 expression.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination by WWP2 leading to proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Expressed in a diffuse and slightly punctuate pattern.
References for Human Oct-4 peptide (ab20650)
This product has been referenced in:
- Salmina K et al. Up-regulation of the embryonic self-renewal network through reversible polyploidy in irradiated p53-mutant tumour cells. Exp Cell Res 316:2099-112 (2010). Blocking . Read more (PubMed: 20457152) »