For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids1 to 22
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Osteocalcin antibody (ab14173)
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.1% Acetic acid
- ReconstitutionResuspend in 0.1% acetic acid for required concentration (vial contains 0.1 mg of peptide).
- Bone gamma carboxyglutamate (gla) protein
- FunctionConstitutes 1-2% of the total bone protein. It binds strongly to apatite and calcium.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the osteocalcin/matrix Gla protein family.
Contains 1 Gla (gamma-carboxy-glutamate) domain.
modificationsGamma-carboxyglutamate residues are formed by vitamin K dependent carboxylation. These residues are essential for the binding of calcium.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Human Osteocalcin peptide (ab42234)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"