Human p57 Kip2 peptide (ab95040)
- Product nameHuman p57 Kip2 peptideSee all p57 Kip2 proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95040 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Beckwith Wiedemann syndrome
- CDKN 1C
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 1C
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p57
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1C
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p57
- KIP 2
- p57 Kip 2
- FunctionPotent tight-binding inhibitor of several G1 cyclin/CDK complexes (cyclin E-CDK2, cyclin D2-CDK4, and cyclin A-CDK2) and, to lesser extent, of the mitotic cyclin B-CDC2. Negative regulator of cell proliferation. May play a role in maintenance of the non-proliferative state throughout life.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the heart, brain, lung, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas and testis. High levels are seen in the placenta while low levels are seen in the liver.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDKN1C are a cause of Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome (BWS) [MIM:130650]. BWS is a genetically heterogeneous disorder characterized by anterior abdominal wall defects including exomphalos (omphalocele), pre- and postnatal overgrowth, and macroglossia. Additional less frequent complications include specific developmental defects and a predisposition to embryonal tumors.
Note=Defects in CDKN1C are involved in tumor formation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
References for Human p57 Kip2 peptide (ab95040)
ab95040 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.