Human PARL peptide (ab45230)
- Product nameHuman PARL peptideSee all PARL proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Mitochondrial intramembrane cleaving protease PARL
- Mitochondrial intramembrane-cleaving protease PARL
- presenilin associated rhomboid-like
- Presenilins associated rhomboid-like protein
- Rhomboid 7 homolog 1
- FunctionRequired for the control of apoptosis during postnatal growth. Essential for proteolytic processing of an antiapoptotic form of OPA1 which prevents the release of mitochondrial cytochrome c in response to intrinsic apoptoptic signals (By similarity). Promotes changes in mitochondria morphology regulated by phosphorylation of P-beta domain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S54 family.
modificationsP-beta is proteolytically processed (beta-cleavage) in a PARL-dependent manner. The cleavage is inhibited when residues Ser-65, Thr-69 and Ser-70 are all phosphorylated.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane and Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus by an unknown mechanism.
References for Human PARL peptide (ab45230)
ab45230 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.