Human PCNA full length protein (ab94849)
- Product nameHuman PCNA full length proteinSee all PCNA proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMFEARLVQGS ILKKVLEALK DLINEACWDI SSSGVNLQSM DSSHVSLVQL TLRSEGFDTY RCDRNLAMGV NLTSMSKILK CAGNEDIITL RAEDNADTLA LVFEAPNQEK VSDYEMKLMD LDVEQLGIPE QEYSCVVKMP SGEFARICRD LSHIGDAVVI SCAKDGVKFS ASGELGNGNI KLSQTSNVDK EEEAVTIEMN EPVQLTFALR YLNFFTKATP LSSTVTLSMS ADVPLVVEYK IADMGHLKYY LAPKIEDEEG S
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab94849 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab94849 is sterile filtered and purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques, giving a purity <95% as determined by SDS PAGE.
- Additional NotesAddition of a carrier protein (such as 0.1 % HSA or BSA) is recommended for long term storage.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, 20mM Tris, 2mM EDTA, pH 7.5
- DNA polymerase delta auxiliary protein
- Mutagen-sensitive 209 protein
- Polymerase delta accessory protein
- Proliferating Cell Nuclear Antigen
- FunctionThis protein is an auxiliary protein of DNA polymerase delta and is involved in the control of eukaryotic DNA replication by increasing the polymerase's processibility during elongation of the leading strand. Induces a robust stimulatory effect on the 3'-5' exonuclease and 3'-phosphodiesterase, but not apurinic-apyrimidinic (AP) endonuclease, APEX2 activities. Has to be loaded onto DNA in order to be able to stimulate APEX2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PCNA family.
modificationsUpon methyl methanesulfonate-induced DNA damage, mono-ubiquitinated by the UBE2B-RAD18 complex on Lys-164. This induces non-canonical polyubiquitination on Lys-164 through 'Lys-63' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the E2 complex UBE2N-UBE2V2 and the E3 ligases, HLTF, RNF8 and SHPRH, which is required for DNA repair. 'Lys-63' polyubiquitination prevents genomic instability on DNA damage. Monoubiquitination at Lys-164 also takes place in undamaged proliferating cells, and is mediated by the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to enhance PCNA-dependent translesion DNA synthesis.
Acetylated in response to UV irradiation. Acetylation disrupts interaction with NUDT15 and promotes degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Forms nuclear foci representing sites of ongoing DNA replication and vary in morphology and number during S phase. Together with APEX2, is redistributed in discrete nuclear foci in presence of oxidative DNA damaging agents.
References for Human PCNA full length protein (ab94849)
ab94849 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.