Human PGC1 alpha protein fragment (ab92266)
- Product nameHuman PGC1 alpha protein fragmentSee all PGC1 alpha proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceVIYVGKIRPDTTRTELRDRFEVFGEIEECTVNLRDDGDSY GFITYRYTCDA FAALENGYTLRRSNETDFELYFCGRKQ FFKSNYADLDSNSDDFDPASTKSK YDSLDFDSLLKEAQ RSLRR
- Amino acids678 to 798
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92266 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at 4°C. Upon reconstitution store at -80ºC.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- Reconstitutionreconstitution with 128 µl aqua dest.
- L PGC 1alpha
- Ligand effect modulator 6
- Peroxisome proliferative activated receptor gamma coactivator 1
- Peroxisome proliferative activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 alpha
- Peroxisome proliferative activated receptor, gamma, coactivator 1
- Peroxisome proliferative activated receptor, gamma, coactivator 1 alpha
- Peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 alpha
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1-alpha
- PGC 1 (alpha)
- PGC 1 alpha
- PGC 1v
- PPAR gamma coactivator 1
- PPAR gamma coactivator 1 alpha
- PPAR gamma coactivator 1 alpha 3 ligand effect modulator 6
- PPAR gamma coactivator variant form
- PPAR-gamma coactivator 1-alpha
- PPARGC 1 alpha
- FunctionTranscriptional coactivator for steroid receptors and nuclear receptors. Greatly increases the transcriptional activity of PPARG and thyroid hormone receptor on the uncoupling protein promoter. Can regulate key mitochondrial genes that contribute to the program of adaptive thermogenesis. Plays an essential role in metabolic reprogramming in response to dietary availability through coordination of the expression of a wide array of genes involved in glucose and fatty acid metabolism.
- Tissue specificityHeart, skeletal muscle, liver and kidney. Expressed at lower levels in brain and pancreas and at very low levels in the intestine and white adipose tissue. In skeletal muscle, levels were lower in obese than in lean subjects and fasting induced a 2-fold increase in levels in the skeletal muscle in obese subjects.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation by AMPK in skeletal muscle increases activation of its own promoter (By similarity). Phosphorylated by CLK2.
Heavily acetylated by GCN5 and biologically inactive under conditions of high nutrients. Deacetylated by SIRT1 in low nutrients/high NAD conditions.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
Human PGC1 alpha protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images colored control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 24 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human PGC1 alpha protein fragment (ab92266)
ab92266 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.