Human Phospholipase A2 IIA full length protein (ab63843)
- Product nameHuman Phospholipase A2 IIA full length protein
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMRGSHHHHHH GMASHMNLVN FHRMIKLTTG KEAALSYGFY GCHCGVGGRG SPKDATDRCC VTHDCCYKRL EKRGCGTKFL SYKFSNSGSR ITCAKQDSCR SQLCECDKAA ATCFARNKTT YNKKYQYYSN KHCRGSTPRC
- Amino acids21 to 144
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63843 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional NotesProduct is NOT sterile! Please filter the product by an appropriate sterile filter before using it in cell culture.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Aliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
0.05M Acetate buffer pH 4.0
- EC 126.96.36.199
- GIIC sPLA2
- Group IIA phospholipase A2
- Non pancreatic secretory phospholipase A2
- NPS PLA2
- Phosphatidylcholine 2 acylhydrolase
- Phospholipase A2 group IIA (platelets synovial fluid)
- Phospholipase A2 membrane associated precursor
- RASF A
- RelevancePhospholipase A2 catalyzes the hydrolysis of the sn-2 position of membrane glycerophospholipids to liberate arachidonic acid, a precursor of eicosanoids including prostaglandins and leukotrienes. This enzyme has been proposed to hydrolyze phosphatidylcholine in lipoproteins to liberate lyso-PC and free fatty acids in the arterial wall, thereby facilitating the accumulation of bioactive lipids and modified lipoproteins in atherosclerotic foci. Phospholipase A2 IIA can exert beneficial action in the context of infectious diseases since recent studies have shown that this enzyme exhibits potent bactericidal effects. Induction of the synthesis of Phospholipase A2 IIA is generally initiated by endotoxin and a limited number of cytokines via paracrine and/or autocrine processes.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane; peripheral membrane protein
Human Phospholipase A2 IIA full length protein images
12% SDS-PAGE separation of ab63843. Molecular Weight: ~15.8 kDa.
Lane 1. Molecular weight marker
Lane 2. reduced and heated sample, 10µg/lane
Lane 3. non-reduced and non-heated sample, 10µg/lane
References for Human Phospholipase A2 IIA full length protein (ab63843)
ab63843 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.