Human PLGF full length protein (ab84148)
- Product nameHuman PLGF full length proteinSee all PLGF proteins and peptides ...
- SourceHEK 293 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceTheoretical Sequence: LPAVPPQQWALSAGNGSSEVEVVPFQEVW GRSYCRALERLVDVVSEYP SEVEHMFSPSCVSLLRCTG CCGDENLHCVPVETANVTMQLLKIRSGDR PSYVELTFS QHVRCECRPLREKMKPERCGDAVPRR
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84148 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. After reconstitution store at -20ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Trehalose, 1% Human serum albumin
- ReconstitutionIt is recommended that 0.5 ml of sterile phosphate-buffered saline be added to the vial. Following reconstitution short-term storage at 4°C is recommended, with longer-term storage in aliquots at -18 to -20°C. Repeated freeze thawing is not recommended.
- Placenta growth factor
- Placental growth factor
- FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis and endothelial cell growth, stimulating their proliferation and migration. It binds to the receptor FLT1/VEGFR-1. Isoform PlGF-2 binds NRP1/neuropilin-1 and NRP2/neuropilin-2 in a heparin-dependent manner.
- Tissue specificityWhile the three isoforms are present in most placental tissues, PlGF-2 is specific to early (8 week) placenta and only PlGF-1 is found in the colon and mammary carcinomas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
- DomainIsoform PlGF-2 contains a basic insert which acts as a cell retention signal.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. The three isoforms are secreted but PlGF-2 appears to remain cell attached unless released by heparin.
Human PLGF full length protein images
Densitometry of protein isoforms visualised by 2-DE.
The densitometry scan demonstrates the purified human cell expressed protein exists in multiple isoforms, which differ according to their level of post-translational modification.
The triangle indicates the theoretical MW and pI of the protein.
1D SDS-PAGE of ab84148 before and after treatment with glycosidases to remove oligosaccharides.
Lane 1: ab84148
Lane 2: ab84148 treated with PNGase F to remove potential N-linked glycans
Lane 3: ab84148 treated with a glycosidase cocktail to remove potential N- and O-linked glycans.
10µg protein loaded per lane; Deep Purple™ stained. Drop in MW after treatment with PNGase F indicates presence of N-linked glycans. A further drop in MW after treatment with the glycosidase cocktail indicates the presence of O-linked glycans. Additional bands in lane 2 and lane 3 are glycosidase enzymes.
References for Human PLGF full length protein (ab84148)
ab84148 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.