Human Ran (mutated G19 V + Q69 L) protein fragment (ab90724)
- Product nameHuman Ran (mutated G19 V + Q69 L) protein fragmentSee all Ran proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids324 to 334
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90724 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Androgen receptor associated protein 24
- Androgen receptor-associated protein 24
- ARA 24
- GTP binding nuclear protein RAN
- GTP-binding nuclear protein Ran
- GTPase Ran
- Guanosine triphosphatase Ran
- RAN member RAS oncogene family
- Ras like protein TC4
- Ras related nuclear protein
- Ras-like protein TC4
- Ras-related nuclear protein
- RASL2 8
- TC 4
- FunctionGTP-binding protein involved in nucleocytoplasmic transport. Required for the import of protein into the nucleus and also for RNA export. Involved in chromatin condensation and control of cell cycle (By similarity). The complex with BIRC5/ survivin plays a role in mitotic spindle formation by serving as a physical scaffold to help deliver the RAN effector molecule TPX2 to microtubules.
Enhances AR-mediated transactivation. Transactivation decreases as the poly-Gln length within AR increases.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Ran family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Melanosome. Becomes dispersed throughout the cytoplasm during mitosis. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
References for Human Ran (mutated G19 V + Q69 L) protein fragment (ab90724)
ab90724 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.