Human RanGAP1 protein fragment (ab91719)
- Product nameHuman RanGAP1 protein fragmentSee all RanGAP1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMASEDIAKLAETLAKTQVAGGQLSFKGKSLKLNTAEDAKD VIKEIEDFDSLEALR LEGNTVGVEAARVIAKALEKKSE LKRCHWSDMFTGRLRTEIPPALISLGEGLITA GAQLVE LDLSDNAFGPDGVQGFEALLKSSACFTLQELKLNNCGMGI GGGKILAAA LTECHRKSSAQGKPLALKVFVAGRNRLEN DGATALAEAFRVIGTLEEVHMPQNGI NHPGITALAQAF AVNPLLRVINLNDNTFTEKGAVAMAETLKTLRQVEVINFG DCL VRSKGAVAIADAIRGGLPKLKELNLSFCEIKRDAA LAVAEAMADKAELEKLDLNG NTLGEEGCEQLQEVLEGF N MAKVLASL
- Amino acids1 to 357
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91719 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitution with 98 µl aqua dest.
- Fug 1
- Ran 1
- RAN GTPase activating protein 1
- Ran GTPase-activating protein 1
- RANGAP 1
- Segregation distorter homolog
- Segregation distortion
- FunctionGTPase activator for the nuclear Ras-related regulatory protein Ran, converting it to the putatively inactive GDP-bound state.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in brain, thymus and testis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RNA1 family.
Contains 6 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated occurs before nuclear envelope breakdown and continues throughout mitosis. Phosphorylated by the M-phase kinase cyclin B/Cdk1, in vitro. Differential timimg of dephosphorylation occurs during phases of mitosis. The phosphorylated form remains associated with RANBP2/NUP358 and the SUMO E2-conjugating enzyme, UBC9, on nuclear pore complex (NPC) diassembly and during mitosis.
Sumoylated by SUMO1. Sumoylation is necessary for targeting to the nuclear envelope (NE), and for association with mitotic spindles and kinetochores during mitosis. Also required for interaction with RANBP2 and is mediated by UBC9.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus membrane. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle pole. Cytoplasmic during interphase. Targeted to the nuclear rim after sumoylation. During mitosis, associates with mitotic spindles. Association with kinetochores appears soon after nuclear envelope breakdown and persists until late anaphase. Mitotic location also requires sumoylation.
Human RanGAP1 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human RanGAP1 protein fragment (ab91719)
ab91719 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.