Human RENT1/hUPF1 protein fragment (ab91954)
- Product nameHuman RENT1/hUPF1 protein fragment
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceRMHPALSAFPSNIFYEGSLQNGVTAADRVKKGFDFQWPQP DKPMFFYVTQGQ EEIASSGTSYLNRTEAANVEKITTKL LKAGAKPDQIGIITPYEGQRSYLVQY MQFSGSLHTKLY QEVEIASVDAFQGREKDFIILSCVRANEHQGIGFLNDPRR LNVALTRARYGVIIVGNPKALSKQPLWNHLLNYYKEQK VLVEGPLNNLRESL MQFSKPRKLVNTINPGARFMTTAM YDAREAIIPGSVYDRSSQGRPSSMYFQT HDQIGMISAG PSHVAAMNIPIPFNLVMPPMPPPGYFGQANGPAAGRGTPK GK TGRGGRQKNRFGLPGPSQTNLPNSQASQDVASQPFS QGALTQGYISMSQPSQ MSQPGLSQPELSQDSYLGDEFK SQIDVALSQDSTYQGERAYQHGGVTGLSQY
- Amino acids703 to 1118
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91954 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein Identity confirmed by Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS) (acquired on initial reference batch).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 69 µl distilled water.
- ATP dependent helicase RENT1
- ATP-dependent helicase RENT1
- Delta helicase
- HUPF 1
- Nonsense mRNA reducing factor 1
- NORF 1
- pNORF 1
- Regulator of nonsense transcripts 1
- RENT 1
- Smg 2
- Smg 2 homolog nonsense mediated mRNA decay factor
- UP Frameshift 1
- Up frameshift mutation 1 homolog
- Up frameshift mutation 1 homolog (S. cerevisiae)
- Up frameshift suppressor 1 homolog
- Up-frameshift suppressor 1 homolog
- UPF 1
- UPF 1 regulator of nonsense transcripts homolog
- UPF1 regulator of nonsense transcripts homolog
- Yeast Upf1p homolog
- FunctionPlays a role in replication-dependent histone mRNA degradation at the end of phase S. Part of a post-splicing multiprotein complex. Involved in nonsense-mediated decay (NMD) as part of the SMG1C complex, a mRNA surveillance complex that recognizes and degrades mRNAs containing premature translation termination codons (PTCs). The complex probably acts by associating with ribosomes during tranlation termination on mRNPs. If an exon junction complex (EJC) is located 50-55 or more nucleotides downstream from the termination codon, RENT1 is phosphorylated by SMG1, triggering nonsense-mediated decay (NMD). Essential for embryonic viability.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DNA2/NAM7 helicase family.
Contains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
- DomainThe [ST]-Q motif constitutes a recognition sequence for kinases from the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
modificationsPhosphorylated by SMG1; required for formation of mRNA surveillance complexes. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > P-body. Hyperphosphorylated form is targeted to the P-body, while unphosphorylated protein is distributed throughout the cytoplasm.
Human RENT1/hUPF1 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human RENT1/hUPF1 protein fragment (ab91954)
ab91954 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.