Human Seladin 1 protein fragment (ab92067)
- Product nameHuman Seladin 1 protein fragmentSee all Seladin 1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceEPSKLNSIGNYYKPWFFKHVENYLKTNREGLEYIPLRHYY HRHTRSIF WELQDIIPFGNNPIFRYLFGWMVPPKISLL KLTQGETLRKLYEQHHVV QDMLVPMKCLQQALHTFQND IHVYPIWLCPFILPSQPGLVHPKGNEAE LYIDIGAYGE PRVKHFEARSCMRQLEKFVRSVHGFQMLYADCYMNREE FWEMFDGSLYHKLREKLGCQDAFPEVYDKICKAARH
- Amino acids289 to 516
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92067 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein Identity confirmed by Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS) (acquired on initial reference batch)
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 149 µl aqua dest.
- 24 dehydrocholesterol reductase
- 24-dehydrocholesterol reductase
- 3 beta hydroxysterol delta 24 reductase
- 3-beta-hydroxysterol delta-24-reductase
- Delta(24)-sterol reductase
- Desmosterol to cholesterol enzyme
- Diminuto dwarf1 homolog
- Diminuto/dwarf1 homolog
- Selective AD indicator 1
- Selective Alzheimer's Disease Indicator 1
- FunctionCatalyzes the reduction of the delta-24 double bond of sterol intermediates. Protects cells from oxidative stress by reducing caspase 3 activity during apoptosis induced by oxidative stress. Also protects against amyloid-beta peptide-induced apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in brain and adrenal gland with moderate expression in liver, lung, spleen, prostate and spinal cord. Low expression in heart, uterus and prostate. Undetectable in blood cells. In the brain, strongly expressed in cortical regions, substantia nigra, caudate nucleus, hippocampus, medulla oblongata and pons. In brains affected by Alzheimer disease, expression in the inferior temporal lobe is substantially lower than in the frontal cortex.
- PathwaySteroid biosynthesis; cholesterol biosynthesis.
- Involvement in diseaseDesmosterolosis (DESMOS) [MIM:602398]: Rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by multiple congenital anomalies and elevated levels of the cholesterol precursor desmosterol in plasma, tissue, and cultured cells. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FAD-binding oxidoreductase/transferase type 4 family.
Contains 1 FAD-binding PCMH-type domain.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane.
Human Seladin 1 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human Seladin 1 protein fragment (ab92067)
ab92067 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.