Human SHMT2 protein fragment (ab91960)
- Product nameHuman SHMT2 protein fragment
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceGTDNHLVLVDLRPKGLDGARAERVLELVSITANKNTCPGD RSAITPGGLR LGAPALTSRQFREDDFRRVVDFIDEGVN IGLEVKSKTAKLQDFKSFLLKD SETSQRLANLRQRVEQ FARAFPMPGFDEH
- Amino acids376 to 504
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91960 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein Identity confirmed by Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS) (acquired on initial reference batch)
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 125 µl aqua dest.
- GLY A+
- glycine auxotroph A, human complement for hamster
- Glycine hydroxymethyltransferase
- Serine hydroxymethyltransferase
- Serine hydroxymethyltransferase 2 (mitochondrial)
- Serine hydroxymethyltransferase mitochondrial
- Serine methylase
- SHMT 2
- FunctionContributes to the de novo mitochondrial thymidylate biosynthesis pathway. Required to prevent uracil accumulation in mtDNA. Interconversion of serine and glycine. Associates with mitochondrial DNA.
- PathwayOne-carbon metabolism; tetrahydrofolate interconversion.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SHMT family.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion. Mitochondrion matrix > mitochondrion nucleoid. Mitochondrion inner membrane.
Human SHMT2 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images colored control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human SHMT2 protein fragment (ab91960)
ab91960 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.