Human SHP1 peptide (ab42772)
- Product nameHuman SHP1 peptideSee all SHP1 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
- Modificationsphospho S591
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42772 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe ab42772 peptide blocks antibodies that recognise amino acids around phosphorylated serine 591 of human SHP1. This sequence is highly conserved in rat and mouse SHP1.
- Additional Notes
Tyrosine and serine phosphorylation regulate SHP1 activity. Serine phosphorylation at Ser-591 is mediated by PKC-alpha and leads to inhibition of phosphatase activity.The ab42772 peptide blocks antibodies that recognise amino acids around phosphorylated serine 591 of human SHP1. This sequence is highly conserved in rat and mouse SHP1.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
- 70 kda SHP1L protein
- EC 18.104.22.168
- Hematopoietic cell phosphatase
- Hematopoietic cell protein tyrosine phosphatase
- Hematopoietic cell protein-tyrosine phosphatase
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1C
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase non receptor type 6
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP1
- Protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1C
- Protein-tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1
- SH PTP 1
- SHP 1L
- Tyrosine-protein phosphatase non-receptor type 6
- FunctionPlays a key role in hematopoiesis. This PTPase activity may directly link growth factor receptors and other signaling proteins through protein-tyrosine phosphorylation. The SH2 regions may interact with other cellular components to modulate its own phosphatase activity against interacting substrates. Together with MTUS1, induces UBE2V2 expression upon angiotensin II stimulation.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is expressed in hematopoietic cells. Isoform 2 is expressed in non-hematopoietic cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family. Non-receptor class 2 subfamily.
Contains 2 SH2 domains.
Contains 1 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine and tyrosine residues.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. In neurons, translocates into the nucleus after treatment with angiotensin II.
Human SHP1 peptide images
All lanes : Anti-SHP1 (phospho S591) antibody (ab41436)
Lane 3 : human Jurkat cells treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 min
Lane 4 : human Jurkat cells treated with pervanadate (1 mM ( for 30 min) and exposed to lambda phosphatase
Lane 5 : human Jurkat cells treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 min with phospho-SHP1 (Ser-591) peptide
Lane 6 : human Jurkat cells treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 min with non-specific phospho-serine peptide
References for Human SHP1 peptide (ab42772)
ab42772 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.