For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids166 to 179
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-SMAD9 antibody (ab48011)
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- MAD homolog 9
- Mothers against decapentaplegic
- FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD9 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD).
- Tissue specificityExpressed in heart, brain, placenta, lung, skeletal muscle, prostate, testis, ovary and small intestine. Also expressed in fetal brain, lung and kidney.
- Involvement in diseasePulmonary hypertension, primary, 2
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. In the cytoplasm in the absence of ligand. Migration to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
Information by UniProt
References for Human SMAD9 peptide (ab48057)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"