Human SMC3 protein fragment (ab91760)
- Product nameHuman SMC3 protein fragmentSee all SMC3 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceNETRAKLDELSAKRETSGEKSRQLRDAQQDARDKMEDIER QVRELKTKISAMK EEKEQLSAERQEQIKQRTKLELKAK DLQDELAGNSEQRKRLLKERQKLLEKIE EKQKELAETE PKFNSVKEKEERGIARLAQATQERTDLYAKQGRGSQFTSK EER DKWIKKELKSLDQAINDKKRQIAAIHKDLEDTEAN KEKNLEQYNKLDQDLNEV KARVEELDRKYYEVKNKKDE LQSERNYLWREENAEQQALAAKREDLEKKQQLL RAATG KAILNGIDSINKVLDHFRRKGINQHVQNGYHGIVMNNFEC EPAFYTCV EVTAGNRLFYHIVDSDEVSTKILMEFNKMN LPGEVTFLPLNKLDVRDTAYPET NDAIPMISKLRYNPR FDKAFKHVFGKTLICRSMEVSTQLARAFTMDCITLEGD QVSHRGALTGGYYDTRKSRLELQKDVRKAEEELGELEAKL NENLRRNIERINN EIDQLMNQMQQIETQQRKFKASRDS IL
- Amino acids233 to 736
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91760 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitution with 118 µl aqua dest.
- Basement membrane associated chondroitin proteoglycan
- Basement membrane-associated chondroitin proteoglycan
- Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 6
- chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 6 (bamacan)
- Chromosome associated polypeptide
- Chromosome-associated polypeptide
- CSPG 6
- SMC 3
- SMC protein 3
- Structural maintenance of chromosome 3
- Structural maintenance of chromosomes 3
- Structural maintenance of chromosomes protein 3
- FunctionCentral component of cohesin, a complex required for chromosome cohesion during the cell cycle. The cohesin complex may form a large proteinaceous ring within which sister chromatids can be trapped. At anaphase, the complex is cleaved and dissociates from chromatin, allowing sister chromatids to segregate. Cohesion is coupled to DNA replication and is involved in DNA repair. The cohesin complex plays also an important role in spindle pole assembly during mitosis and in chromosomes movement.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SMC3 are the cause of Cornelia de Lange syndrome type 3 (CDLS3) [MIM:610759]. CDLS is a dominantly inherited multisystem developmental disorder characterized by growth and cognitive retardation, abnormalities of the upper limbs, gastroesophageal dysfunction, cardiac, ophthalmologic and genitourinary anomalies, hirsutism, and characteristic facial features. CDSL3 is a mild form with absence of major structural anomalies typically associated with CDLS. The phenotype in some instances approaches that of apparently non-syndromic mental retardation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SMC family. SMC3 subfamily.
- DomainThe flexible hinge domain, which separates the large intramolecular coiled coil regions, allows the heterotypic interaction with the corresponding domain of SMC1A or SMC1B, forming a V-shaped heterodimer. The two heads of the heterodimer are then connected by different ends of the cleavable RAD21 protein, forming a ring structure.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Acetylation at Lys-105 and Lys-106 by ESCO1 is important for genome stability and S phase sister chromatid cohesion. Regulated by DSCC1, it is required for processive DNA synthesis, coupling sister chromatid cohesion establishment during S phase to DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Associates with chromatin. Before prophase it is scattered along chromosome arms. During prophase, most of cohesin complexes dissociate from chromatin probably because of phosphorylation by PLK, except at centromeres, where cohesin complexes remain. At anaphase, the RAD21 subunit of the cohesin complex is cleaved, leading to the dissociation of the complex from chromosomes, allowing chromosome separation.
Human SMC3 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images colored control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human SMC3 protein fragment (ab91760)
ab91760 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.