Human SOD2 full length protein (ab84639)
- Product nameHuman SOD2 full length proteinSee all SOD2 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84639 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 25% Glycerol, 50mM Tris HCl, 150mM Sodium chloride, 0.25mM DTT, 0.1mM PMSF, pH 7.5
- Indophenoloxidase B
- IPO B
- Manganese containing superoxide dismutase
- Manganese SOD
- Manganese superoxide dismutase
- Mangano superoxide dismutase
- Mn SOD
- Mn superoxide dismutase
- SOD 2
- Superoxide dismutase [Mn] mitochondrial
- Superoxide dismutase [Mn], mitochondrial
- Superoxide dismutase 2 mitochondrial
- FunctionDestroys superoxide anion radicals which are normally produced within the cells and which are toxic to biological systems.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in SOD2 is associated with susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 6 (MVCD6) [MIM:612634]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the iron/manganese superoxide dismutase family.
modificationsNitrated under oxidative stress. Nitration coupled with oxidation inhibits the catalytic activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
References for Human SOD2 full length protein (ab84639)
ab84639 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.