Human STEP / PTPN5 protein fragment (ab92052)
- Product nameHuman STEP / PTPN5 protein fragmentSee all STEP / PTPN5 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceKSGTEERGLKHYWFTSWPDQKTPDRAPPLLHLVREVEEAA QQEGPHCAP IIVHCSAGIGRTGCFIATSICCQQLRQEG VVDILKTTCQLRQDRGGMIQ TCEQYQFVHHVMSLYEKQ LSHQSPE
- Amino acids443 to 565
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92052 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitution with 90 µl aqua dest.
- Neural specific protein tyrosine phosphatase
- Neural-specific protein-tyrosine phosphatase
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase non receptor type 5
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase non receptor type 5 (striatum enriched)
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase striatum enriched
- PTP STEP
- PTPN 5
- Striatum-enriched protein-tyrosine phosphatase
- Tyrosine protein phosphatase non receptor type 5
- Tyrosine-protein phosphatase non-receptor type 5
- FunctionMay regulates the activity of several effector molecules involved in synaptic plasticity and neuronal cell survival, including MAPKs, Src family kinases and NMDA receptors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family. Non-receptor class subfamily.
Contains 1 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-245 by PKA deactivates PTPN5. Phosphorylation at Thr-255 and Ser-268 by MAPKs stabilizes the phosphatase, dephosphorylation of these sites results in ubiquitin-mediated degradation of the active phosphatase.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
Human STEP / PTPN5 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. A coloured control band can be seen at 15 kDa (green). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human STEP / PTPN5 protein fragment (ab92052)
ab92052 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.