Human TARBP1 peptide (ab42870)
- Product nameHuman TARBP1 peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42870 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Probable methyltransferase TARBP1
- TAR (HIV) RNA Binding Protein 1
- TAR RNA Binding Protein 1
- TAR RNA loop binding protein
- TAR RNA-binding protein 1
- TAR RNA-binding protein of 185 kDa
- FunctionProbable S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent methyltransferase which methylates RNA molecules such as tRNAs. In case of infection by HIV-1, it binds to the loop region of TAR RNA, a region also bound by RNA polymerase II. Binding of TARBP1 and RNA polymerase II to HIV-1 TAR RNA is mutually exclusive, suggesting that TARBP1 may function alone or in conjunction with HIV-1 Tat to disengage RNA polymerase II from HIV-1 TAR RNA. May act by methylating HIV-1 TAR RNA.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RNA methyltransferase TrmH family.
References for Human TARBP1 peptide (ab42870)
ab42870 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.