Human TATA binding protein TBP full length protein (ab81897)
- Product nameHuman TATA binding protein TBP full length proteinSee all TATA binding protein TBP proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81897 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activity1 unit equals 1 nanogram of purified protein.
Gel supershift assays
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional Notes1 unit equals 1 nanogram of purified protein.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, 20mM Tris Cl, 100mM Potassium chloride, 1mM DTT, 0.2mM EDTA, pH 8.0
- TATA binding factor
- TATA box factor
- TATA sequence binding protein
- TATA sequence-binding protein
- TATA-binding factor
- TATA-box binding protein N-terminal domain
- TATA-box factor
- TATA-box-binding protein
- Transcription initiation factor TFIID TBP subunit
- FunctionGeneral transcription factor that functions at the core of the DNA-binding multiprotein factor TFIID. Binding of TFIID to the TATA box is the initial transcriptional step of the pre-initiation complex (PIC), playing a role in the activation of eukaryotic genes transcribed by RNA polymerase II. Component of the transcription factor SL1/TIF-IB complex, which is involved in the assembly of the PIC (preinitiation complex) during RNA polymerase I-dependent transcription. The rate of PIC formation probably is primarily dependent on the rate of association of SL1 with the rDNA promoter. SL1 is involved in stabilization of nucleolar transcription factor 1/UBTF on rDNA.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with levels highest in the testis and ovary.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TBP are the cause of spinocerebellar ataxia type 17 (SCA17) [MIM:607136]. Spinocerebellar ataxia is a clinically and genetically heterogeneous group of cerebellar disorders. Patients show progressive incoordination of gait and often poor coordination of hands, speech and eye movements, due to degeneration of the cerebellum with variable involvement of the brainstem and spinal cord. SCA17 is an autosomal dominant cerebellar ataxia (ADCA) characterized by widespread cerebral and cerebellar atrophy, dementia and extrapyramidal signs. The molecular defect in SCA17 is the expansion of a CAG repeat in the coding region of TBP. Longer expansions result in earlier onset and more severe clinical manifestations of the disease.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TBP family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
Human TATA binding protein TBP full length protein images
All lanes : Anti-TATA binding protein TBP antibody - ChIP Grade (ab63766) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Human TATA binding protein TBP full length protein (ab81897) at 0.1 µg
Lane 2 :
Human TATA binding protein TBP full length protein (ab81897) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 40 kDa
Exposure time : 10 seconds