Human TEM8 peptide (ab41852)
- Product nameHuman TEM8 peptideSee all TEM8 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41852 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
- Anthrax toxin receptor 1
- Anthrax toxin receptor 1 precursor
- ANTXR 1
- TEM 8
- Tumor Endothelial Marker 8
- Tumor endothelial marker 8 precursor
- FunctionPlays a role in cell attachment and migration. Interacts with extracellular matrix proteins and with the actin cytoskeleton. Mediates adhesion of cells to type 1 collagen and gelatin, reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and promotes cell spreading. Plays a role in the angiogenic response of cultured umbilical vein endothelial cells.
- Tissue specificityDetected in umbilical vein endothelial cells (at protein level). Highly expressed in tumor endothelial cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ANTXR1 are associated with susceptibility to hemangioma capillary infantile (HCI) [MIM:602089]. HCI are benign, highly proliferative lesions involving aberrant localized growth of capillary endothelium. They are the most common tumor of infancy, occurring in up to 10% of all births. Hemangiomas tend to appear shortly after birth and show rapid neonatal growth for up to 12 months characterized by endothelial hypercellularity and increased numbers of mast cells. This phase is followed by slow involution at a rate of about 10% per year and replacement by fibrofatty stroma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ATR family.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
- DomainBinding to PA occurs through the VWA domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell projection > lamellipodium membrane. Cell projection > filopodium membrane. At the membrane of lamellipodia and at the tip of actin-enriched filopodia. Colocalizes with actin at the base of lamellipodia.
References for Human TEM8 peptide (ab41852)
ab41852 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.