Human TPR protein fragment (ab91741)
- Product nameHuman TPR protein fragment
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceVNETRECQSLRLELEKLNNQLKALTEKNKELEIAQDRNIA IQSQFTRTKEELEAEK RDLIRTNERLSQELEYLTEDVK RLNEKLKESNTTKGELQLKLDELQASDVSVKYRE KRLE QEKELLHSQNTWLNTELKTKTDELLALGREKGNEILELKC NLENKKEEVSRL EEQMNGLKTSNEHLQKHVEDLLTKLK EAKEQQASMEEKFHNELNAHIKLSNLYKSA ADDSEAKS NELTRAVEELHKLLKEAGEANKAIQDHLLEVEQSKDQMEK EMLEKIGR LEKELENANDLLSATKRKGAILSEEELAAM SPTAAAVAKIVKPGMKLTELYNAYVE TQDQLLLEKLEN KRINKYLDEIVKEVEAKAPILKRQREEYERAQKAVASLSV KLEQ AMKEIQRLQEDTDKANKQSSVLERDNRRMEIQVK DLSQQIRVLLMELEEARGNHVI RDEEVSSADISSSSEV ISQHLVSYRNIEELQQQNQRLLVALRELGETREREEQETT SSKITELQLKLESALTELEQLRKSRQHQMQLVDSIVRQ RDMYRILLSQTTGVAIPL HASSLDDVSLASTPKRPSTS QTVSTPAPVPVIESTEAIEA (Amino acid sequence (Sequence determined by 5' Sequencing))
- Amino acids69 to 668
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91741 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 103 µl aqua dest.
- Nucleoprotein TPR
- translocated promoter region (to activated MET oncogene)
- FunctionComponent of the cytoplasmic fibrils of the nuclear pore complex implicated in nuclear protein import. Its N-terminus is involved in activation of oncogenic kinases. Plays a role in the mitotic spindle checkpoint.
- Tissue specificityHighest in testis, lung, thymus, spleen and brain, lower levels in heart, liver and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TPR are a cause of thyroid papillary carcinoma (TPC) [MIM:188550]. TPC is a common tumor of the thyroid that typically arises as an irregular, solid or cystic mass from otherwise normal thyroid tissue. Papillary carcinomas are malignant neoplasm characterized by the formation of numerous, irregular, finger-like projections of fibrous stroma that is covered with a surface layer of neoplastic epithelial cells. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving TPR are found in thyroid papillary carcinomas. Intrachromosomal rearrangement that links the 5'-end of the TPR gene to the protein kinase domain of NTRK1 forms the fusion protein TRK-T1. TRK-T1 is a 55 kDa protein reacting with antibodies against the carboxy terminus of the NTRK1 protein.
Note=Involved in tumorigenic rearrangements with the MET or RAF genes.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationNucleus > nuclear pore complex. Nucleus membrane. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. The assembly of the NPC is a stepwise process in which Trp-containing peripheral structures assemble after other components, including p62. Detected at kinetochores during prometaphase.
Human TPR protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human TPR protein fragment (ab91741)
ab91741 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.