Human Unrip protein fragment (ab91788)
- Product nameHuman Unrip protein fragmentSee all Unrip proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceGQDKLLRIYDLNKPEAEPKEISGHTSGIKKALWCSEDKQI LSADDKTV RLWDHATMTEVKSLNFNMSVSSMEYIPEGE ILVITYGRSIAFHSAVSL DPIKSFEAPATINSASLHPE KEFLVAGGEDFKLYKYDYNSGEELESYK GHFGPIHCVR FSPDGELYASGSEDGTLRLWQTVVGKTYGLWKCVLPEE DSGELAKPKIGFPETTEEELEEIASENSDCIFPSAPDVKA
- Amino acids119 to 350
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91788 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein Identity confirmed by Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS) (acquired on initial reference batch)
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 54 µl aqua dest.
- MAP activator with WD repeats
- serine/threonine kinase receptor associated protein
- unr interacting protein
- UNR-interacting protein
- WD 40 repeat protein PT WD
- RelevanceUnrip is part of the SMN complex that plays a role in snRNP assembly in the cytoplasm and pre mRNA splicing in the nucleus. Unrip interacts directly with Gemin 6 and Gemin 7 in the SMN complex. It is associated with the complex in the cytoplasm but not in the nucleus and thus is thought to play a role in it's subcellular localisation. It is a ubiquitously expressed protein that acts as an inhibitor of TGF-beta signaling and an important regulator of cell proliferation. Stable expression of STRAP results in activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway and in down-regulation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21 (Cip1), which results in retinoblastoma protein hyperphosphorylation. Upregulation of STRAP might play a role in tumor development as an early event for colorectal cancers. It is the first component of the U snRNP assembly machinery that associates with SMN complex in a compartment-specific way and plays a crucial role in the intracellular distribution of SMN1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Note: Localized predominantly in the cytoplasm but also found in the nucleus.
Human Unrip protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human Unrip protein fragment (ab91788)
ab91788 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.